Veterinarians’ New Year resolutions - Baby Steps towards better Veterinary Practice Management
2018 has been a great year for the veterinary community. A lot has changed and has changed for the better. The patient experience is at an all time high and patients are at their happiest self. We take this chance and opportunity to wish the whole community a very happy new year 2019. However, 2019 brings you new set of challenges for the practice owners and there is a lot which the veterinarians will have to do to keep their practices going well. Here are 4 new year resolutions that the decision makers of veterinary practices must consider as they look ahead to 2019:
Focus on Client CommunicationClients today expect a fine balance of communication in the sense that it is not very less and they tend to miss important information or it is too high that it starts to intrude their private space. Today’s patient expects their practice to have two-way communication through SMS, Emails; Reminders of appointments, vaccinations; Sending Medical records, invoices etc. Communication is surely going to play a key role in this business in future.
Understand Your DataEveryone knows that data is going to be the next most valuable thing on this planet. Almost all businesses are setting up their data analytics department to gain meaningful insights and make stronger decisions. Your veterinary computer programs or rather its report module should be able to generate multiple kind of reports about the practice. It could be as simple as a Patient Dashboard or as complex or focused as a CEO’s or Marketing’s dashboard. It should be able to give out departmental reports like Accounting, Finance, Inventory etc. This is one trend to watch for in 2019 for sure.
Adapt to the communityA practice cannot sustain on itself. It needs to collaborate with different vendors, partners, Labs etc. All practice owners will have to embrace this in 2019 and work on this aspect. Pet owners are very sensitive about their Pets, it takes time to build a trust over new veterinaries, so pet owners rely a lot on the word of mouth of their known ones. So the veterinary network should be able to leverage each other.
Integrate Digital PaymentsPayments are going complete cashless mode. Practice owners will have to accept this reality even if it has a little impact on their working capital. It will be imperative for Practice owners to have a smooth and more importantly a secure integration of their practice management software with a diverse range of payment gateways and payment options.
We are no Nostradamus to predict everything right or complete, we just put forward our thoughts on what the practice owners will have to see in 2019. And we completely believe this, which is why VETport software has all these features. We have made our practice management software more tailor made to suit to all these needs. Again, wishing you all a very happy new year and hope you achieve greater heights in 2019.
VETport is an Enterprise Grade Veterinary Software which can be used by Corporates or Group of Animal Clinics, Veterinary Universities, Single Clinics, Mobile Clinics, Equine Practices & Specialty Referrals. VETport features the world’s best veterinary EMR(Electronic Medical Records) which follows the SOAP process. Here are some of the unique features of VETport:
- Cloud-Based Architecture: Runs on any browser and device(Mobile, Laptop, Desktop, iPad). Can be accessed from your clinic, work, on the route, on clients site, from anywhere.
- SOAP-based EMR: Follows the SOAP format. Allows collaboration, i.e multiple VETs & staff can contribute and edit the same EMR at the same time. Doctors can create or modify their own exam forms & history forms. Can also add memos, attachments, education forms, lab records to the EMR easily. The EMR can be Printed, Faxed, Emailed or downloaded as PDF for sharing with clients.
- Time Zone Compatibility: Enables your staff to operate in different time zones. All the software work in local time and will automatically adjust time zone differences and Daylight saving time
- Personalized Dashboard: Option to customize the dashboard with multiple widgets & drag & drop features.
- Client Communication: VEtport's unique communication module supports two-way communication with your clients through EMails, SMS, Fax, Postcards & Chats. Send automatic reminders for appointments, vaccination & routine check-ups with VETport.
- Internal Communication: Tools like Clinic Chat which works just like any other instant messenger applications & Bulletin Board which allows you to display public messages & information.
- Reports & Analytics: Get reports on Accounting, Financials, Communication, Marketing & inventory. The CEOs dashboard is the two coolest reporting framework for Veterinary Practice Owners. Produce reports in forms of Graphs, Pie charts & Frequency Polygons. The reports can be exported in the form of CSV, HTML, PDF, PNG & JPEG format.
- Marketplace: Choose from more than 25 third party applications & integrate with your VETport account with just a click.
- Lab integrations: Both in-house & referral labs like Idexx, Antech, Abaxis, Gribbles, Fuji, Avid, Vet Rocket, Vetenvoy and many more.
- Inventory Management: Place orders, add vendors, change pricing, manage stock communicate, set stock levels etc.
- Free Support, Demo & Training.
sign up for free trial