Veterinarians’ New Year resolutions - Baby Steps towards better Veterinary Practice Management
2018 has been a great year for the veterinary community. A lot has changed and has changed for the better. The patient experience is at an all time high and patients are at their happiest self. We take this chance and opportunity to wish the whole community a very happy new year 2019. However, 2019 brings you new set of challenges for the practice owners and there is a lot which the veterinarians will have to do to keep their practices going well. Here are 4 new year resolutions that the decision makers of veterinary practices must consider as they look ahead to 2019:
Focus on Client CommunicationClients today expect a fine balance of communication in the sense that it is not very less and they tend to miss important information or it is too high that it starts to intrude their private space. Today’s patient expects their practice to have two-way communication through SMS, Emails; Reminders of appointments, vaccinations; Sending Medical records, invoices etc. Communication is surely going to play a key role in this business in future.
Understand Your DataEveryone knows that data is going to be the next most valuable thing on this planet. Almost all businesses are setting up their data analytics department to gain meaningful insights and make stronger decisions. Your veterinary computer programs or rather its report module should be able to generate multiple kind of reports about the practice. It could be as simple as a Patient Dashboard or as complex or focused as a CEO’s or Marketing’s dashboard. It should be able to give out departmental reports like Accounting, Finance, Inventory etc. This is one trend to watch for in 2019 for sure.
Adapt to the communityA practice cannot sustain on itself. It needs to collaborate with different vendors, partners, Labs etc. All practice owners will have to embrace this in 2019 and work on this aspect. Pet owners are very sensitive about their Pets, it takes time to build a trust over new veterinaries, so pet owners rely a lot on the word of mouth of their known ones. So the veterinary network should be able to leverage each other.
Integrate Digital PaymentsPayments are going complete cashless mode. Practice owners will have to accept this reality even if it has a little impact on their working capital. It will be imperative for Practice owners to have a smooth and more importantly a secure integration of their practice management software with a diverse range of payment gateways and payment options.
We are no Nostradamus to predict everything right or complete, we just put forward our thoughts on what the practice owners will have to see in 2019. And we completely believe this, which is why VETport software has all these features. We have made our practice management software more tailor made to suit to all these needs. Again, wishing you all a very happy new year and hope you achieve greater heights in 2019.
VETport is a Veterinary Software / Practice Management Software (PMS) which allows veterinarians to organize & manage their practice flawlessly. Here are some interesting features of VETport:
- Offers 30 Days of FREE trial for Veterinarians who are new to Practice Management Softwares. There will be no contracts, no obligations, & option to upgrade, downgrade or cancel anytime in that 30 days.
- A personalized dashboard with the option to customize as per your need & convenience. Just drag & drop.
- Easy appointment fixing with just one click. Send automated reminders to clients as well as providers through call, SMS & Emails.
- Task manager to manage & prioritize tasks to be carried out in the clinic.
- Integrated with most of the labs to fetch reports without hassle. Options to connect labs like Idexx, Antech, Gribbles, AdShoot, and many more.
- Integrated with most payment gateways to easily manage your payments. Receive payments through Credit Cards, Cash, Debit cards, Cheques, etc.
- Manage clinic's inventory directly from the dashboard of the Software. Place orders, add vendors, change pricing with inventory management.
- Analytics on Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Communication & what not. Get reports on anything & everything that is happening in your clinic.
- VETport Marketplace offers applications to add more features to your PMS account.
- The option of online booking for your clients.
- Free Support, Demo & Training.
sign up for free trial