How veterinary clinics can go big in 2019?
2018 has been a good year for the veterinary community for it has helped the
Vets to transform to a better position as compared to earlier. Today the
Veterinary clinics are well placed in terms to exposure to technology,
customer service to name a few parameters. But compared to other industries
in the medical or non-medical sector, Veterinaries have still a long way to go.
It is time for the practice owners to wrap up 2018, do a retrospective and plan
for 2019 to embrace the same with open arms and go big.
Here is a list of our recommendation to the veterinaries:
#1 Set GoalsMost people fail because they do no have a Goal Post and Veterinary is no different. Many practices fail because they do not harness their full potential which is simply because they have not set clear Goals for themselves. If one does not have an idea where one wants to be, how can someone reach there? Vague goals like better customer service are only namesake goals. It is important to have goals which are measurable, for instance, the above Goal can be transformed us reducing 1 Star feedback by 10% and increasing 5 Star feedback by 10%. Measurable Goals will align with your long-term vision and give you short-term motivation. Resources are limited, it helps veterinaries to organize them and achieve the required purpose.
#2 Train your StaffOne of the biggest areas on which the veterinaries should work is their staff. They say execution is the Holy Grail and if that is not done well, all marketing or technology plans will not reap desired benefits. It is imperative that the execution is done well and for that the staff that does the real execution needs to be trained and nurtured. In General practice, people are hired by someone and are expected to sail with minimal training. However, the problem arises when they sink. Pet Owners expect that they should be able to trust their veterinary clinics and if the staff service goes for a toss, it is difficult to establish or enhance those trust levels. It is important not only during induction, but the staff should be trained at regular intervals also. Conference attending is a plus, but not a substitute for training.
#3 Transition from customer service to customer experienceUltimately this is a service industry. Also, this belongs to the medical industry. So it goes unsaid that the service levels should always be very high. Even a single staff member not doing the service well can bring down the overall service levels which will have negative impact on the veterinary clinic’s image. Customer service is about treating your customers with Joy and care. It is about Showing and Proving that you care about the pets as much as the pet owners do. Walking the extra mile for your customers is the need of the hour and in 2019, the more we do the better it is. It could be as small as walking the client to the car or engage with them when the wait in the waiting area. It is a known fact that good customer service is good for business, but it is all the more important for Good Marketing. It is said that the word of mouth marketing is the best one and if your customer experience is good, it will be spread to client’s other network also. Just imagine the impact it can have on your Marketing budget as well.
#4 Increasing the use of TechnologyAs a veterinary clinic, Technology is an integral part of your practice. Technology can help you to get better at communicating with your patients, enhanced diagnostic capabilities and integrate business functionality. It can help the practice in various ways:
- A. Schedule Appointments, Track Patient and History
- B. Integrate Patient data
- C. Measure and Monitor business performance and profitability
- D. Track and order drug inventory
- E. Integrate with Lab equipment to get scans
#5 Building CommunityJust visualize a scenario of how much traction your practice will get is it collaborates with the right people or have a strong online presence. If the local pet store, groomer or a boarding facility recommends your name to their clients, it will be of great benefit to you. Relationships, which are mutually beneficial, should work and should be established with complementary businesses’ that share an overlapping set of clientele with each other. Please note that the keyword here is mutual, both parties should gain something from each other.
In summary, these might not be the only things which can be done, but these are some of the prime things which clinics should do in 2019 so that the image, experience and profitability of clinics get better by manifolds and 2019 becomes landmark year for veterinary clinics.
VETport is an Enterprise Grade Veterinary Software which can be used by Corporates or Group of Animal Clinics, Veterinary Universities, Single Clinics, Mobile Clinics, Equine Practices & Specialty Referrals. VETport features the world’s best veterinary EMR(Electronic Medical Records) which follows the SOAP process. Here are some of the unique features of VETport:
- Cloud-Based Architecture: Runs on any browser and device(Mobile, Laptop, Desktop, iPad). Can be accessed from your clinic, work, on the route, on clients site, from anywhere.
- SOAP-based EMR: Follows the SOAP format. Allows collaboration, i.e multiple VETs & staff can contribute and edit the same EMR at the same time. Doctors can create or modify their own exam forms & history forms. Can also add memos, attachments, education forms, lab records to the EMR easily. The EMR can be Printed, Faxed, Emailed or downloaded as PDF for sharing with clients.
- Time Zone Compatibility: Enables your staff to operate in different time zones. All the software work in local time and will automatically adjust time zone differences and Daylight saving time
- Personalized Dashboard: Option to customize the dashboard with multiple widgets & drag & drop features.
- Client Communication: VEtport's unique communication module supports two-way communication with your clients through EMails, SMS, Fax, Postcards & Chats. Send automatic reminders for appointments, vaccination & routine check-ups with VETport.
- Internal Communication: Tools like Clinic Chat which works just like any other instant messenger applications & Bulletin Board which allows you to display public messages & information.
- Reports & Analytics: Get reports on Accounting, Financials, Communication, Marketing & inventory. The CEOs dashboard is the two coolest reporting framework for Veterinary Practice Owners. Produce reports in forms of Graphs, Pie charts & Frequency Polygons. The reports can be exported in the form of CSV, HTML, PDF, PNG & JPEG format.
- Marketplace: Choose from more than 25 third party applications & integrate with your VETport account with just a click.
- Lab integrations: Both in-house & referral labs like Idexx, Antech, Abaxis, Gribbles, Fuji, Avid, Vet Rocket, Vetenvoy and many more.
- Inventory Management: Place orders, add vendors, change pricing, manage stock communicate, set stock levels etc.
- Free Support, Demo & Training.
sign up for free trial