Task Management fundamentals for Veterinary Clinics
Are you running a veterinary clinic that calls itself ‘short-staffed’? If yes, you are surely mistaken as there is a demarcation in terms of what you mean by ‘short-staffed’ and ‘mis-staffed’. Running a veterinary clinic is not a piece of cake as at times the workload exceeds when compared to staff present in the hospital. When the workload is unable to bear, it leads to mismanagement and losses to the clinic. As of late, many veterinary clinics hire part-time workers as it gives them flexibility in scheduling processes. It is imperative for the worker to be ‘available’ during the hour of need. For example, at times the workers are available only during the afternoon as they are college students with only two-three hours of free time at hand. This situation calls in for flexibility in scheduling to avoid impacting the rest of the staff.
At times, there is a disharmony amongst the staff which is not really a problem, but a result of mismanagement amongst staff members. Here comes the need to “define the systems” and task management fundamentals for veterinary clinics.
Task Management Fundamentals for Veterinary Clinics
When it comes to veterinary clinics, they possess a distinct problem of performing multiple tasks at the very same time. Be it a regular appointment, a dental cleaning procedure or a surgery, everything needs to be done side by side. This can affect a veterinarian adversely, but having systemized task management and staff scheduling systems makes sure that this no longer remains the case. Effective veterinary staff scheduling is the one takes note of the following:
#1 Establishes a routine amongst the staff
On hectic days, your staff will the one you’ll need to guide appointments with great ease. Assigning particular tasks with individuals in the team makes sure that they are carried out effectively. This routine needs to be carried out consistently. Take an instance, when your team member is absent, you will know exactly how to divide the specific tasks at that time. When you create a consistent routine, it makes sure that efficient processes are carried on. Through dedicated tasks, the entire clinic runs smoothly.
#2 Reserves windows for emergency and walk-ins
An effective veterinary staff scheduling system is the one that has an adequate amount of time in hand for emergencies and walk-ins. On the off chance that no appointments are booked, time can still be used for taking care of other clerical tasks at hand.
#3 Dedicates time for specific types of appointments
Lately, a practice followed by many leading veterinary clinics is the implementation of veterinary scheduling software. Most doctors in the field of veterinary science make sure that they set aside specific times for intricate procedures like surgery. Through a scheduling software, it can be made sure consistently when to set aside the time required for such medical procedures. When a specific time slot is allocated to such procedures it is ensured that they are carried out more effectively. Owners of the patients tend to be more content when things are more systemized at times of need.
#4 Multiple channel appointment scheduling
A veterinary clinic is often filled with a lot of hustle-bustle. The clients are busy and so are the doctors. At times, it is not feasible to sit down with someone to take their appointment. In this case, the need of the hour becomes a mechanism wherein people can make their appointments without any hurdles. This is when your veterinary clinic gives people the option of making appointments on multiple channels rather than merely one. These channels can be telephone, smartphones and even mobile apps.
#5 Remains updated about different task statuses
Veterinary clinics perform with full efficiency when they remain updated about the status of each task listed for the day. This avoids chaos during the end of the day as the staff is not given scheduling reminders on a consistent basis. In order to avoid this confusion, veterinary scheduling software gives users the advantage of making the optimum use of their time spent in the clinic.
#6 Sticks to deadlines and priority
A staff scheduling system in a veterinary clinic is effective only when deadlines are adhered to. This rule remains the same as each and every type of medical procedure. There will times when your staff might end up thinking that the given task is not that significant, thereby pushing them to the following day. This will eventually lead to one task piled up on the other. It is essential for veterinary staff scheduling systems to stick to deadlines without any deviations.
Leveraging the Power of Veterinary Scheduling Software for Effective Task Management
As of late, a veterinary practice management software (PMS) is installed by all major veterinary clinics and hospitals as a means to grow and improve their practice. A veterinary scheduling software comes within a practice management software. It carries about some specific staff scheduling tasks essential for the smooth management of a veterinary clinic. If you choose a cloud-based scheduling software it adds all the more value to your veterinary clinic or hospital. For multi-clinics chains and hospitals having branches throughout the globe, this software becomes the next go-to thing! With cloud-based software users get the advantage of remaining unified in all circumstances and get real-time information regardless of the time zones. Other than these, the perks of installing a veterinary scheduling software in your clinics are:
#1 Saves cost
Instead of investing large chunks of money on the latest hardware available in the market, veterinary clinics can opt for cloud-based software. This ensures that all your important data pertaining to the management of your clinic or hospital is saved in one place.
#2 Remains updated
Through a cloud-based software for your veterinary clinic, you can make sure that your software is upgraded seamlessly. The software updates in a cloud-based model are quick and easy to install, unlike the traditional staff scheduling models.
Calendars and task managers are essential tools that give the user a complete understanding of the events in their practice. When clinics present at different geographic regions or time zones are automatically synchronized in one platform, it is ensured that a veterinary clinic runs smoothly. Through a veterinary staff scheduling software, viewers are given information about the events in a week, month and year as per their own preference. Instead of cluttering up both the irrelevant and relevant information, it is made sure through the software that only the most important information is displayed to the user. Reminders are sent to clients too through emails and SM-es with the help of veterinary software.
VETPort has exclusive Task Manager Module which helps the veterinary practice managers to assign tasks to the different staff of their clinic, categorize the tasks, prioritize among the list of tasks and finally setting status of different tasks(No Progress, In Progress, Completed). If you are facing trouble in assigning tasks to the staff of your clinic, VETPort is your go-to thing.
VETport is an Enterprise Grade Veterinary Software which can be used by Corporates or Group of Animal Clinics, Veterinary Universities, Single Clinics, Mobile Clinics, Equine Practices & Specialty Referrals. VETport features the world’s best veterinary EMR(Electronic Medical Records) which follows the SOAP process. Here are some of the unique features of VETport:
- Cloud-Based Architecture: Runs on any browser and device(Mobile, Laptop, Desktop, iPad). Can be accessed from your clinic, work, on the route, on clients site, from anywhere.
- SOAP-based EMR: Follows the SOAP format. Allows collaboration, i.e multiple VETs & staff can contribute and edit the same EMR at the same time. Doctors can create or modify their own exam forms & history forms. Can also add memos, attachments, education forms, lab records to the EMR easily. The EMR can be Printed, Faxed, Emailed or downloaded as PDF for sharing with clients.
- Time Zone Compatibility: Enables your staff to operate in different time zones. All the software work in local time and will automatically adjust time zone differences and Daylight saving time
- Personalized Dashboard: Option to customize the dashboard with multiple widgets & drag & drop features.
- Client Communication: VEtport's unique communication module supports two-way communication with your clients through EMails, SMS, Fax, Postcards & Chats. Send automatic reminders for appointments, vaccination & routine check-ups with VETport.
- Internal Communication: Tools like Clinic Chat which works just like any other instant messenger applications & Bulletin Board which allows you to display public messages & information.
- Reports & Analytics: Get reports on Accounting, Financials, Communication, Marketing & inventory. The CEOs dashboard is the two coolest reporting framework for Veterinary Practice Owners. Produce reports in forms of Graphs, Pie charts & Frequency Polygons. The reports can be exported in the form of CSV, HTML, PDF, PNG & JPEG format.
- Marketplace: Choose from more than 25 third party applications & integrate with your VETport account with just a click.
- Lab integrations: Both in-house & referral labs like Idexx, Antech, Abaxis, Gribbles, Fuji, Avid, Vet Rocket, Vetenvoy and many more.
- Inventory Management: Place orders, add vendors, change pricing, manage stock communicate, set stock levels etc.
- Free Support, Demo & Training.
sign up for free trial